Pages

Sunday 1 April 2012

Undersea - Preview

Heeey =) Here is a small preview of Undersea atm.. modeling and texturing are finished for the most part. I'm really struggling on the lighting with this one, I don't want it too realistic, would like a touch of fantasy...

- Lessons learnt so far:
-- My modular planning sucks, for example when I got to the pedestal, I noticed that my modular grid spacing for the models was off, so I had to adjust for that, as I didn't have time to go back and remodel stuff.
-- Need to get better with low poly modeling, for example I could cut some of my high poly meshes by at least 30% polys.
-- Need to learn proper lightmapping for UDK, if you look closely at some of my assets, there are inconsistencies with the lighting.
-- Got to get more computer memory, I can't sculpt very high poly stuff.. unfortunately I'm so poor right now so can't afford any =(

TL;DR - Need more memory! =)








20 comments:

  1. Hello Edward, this artwork was running very well, I look beautiful.
    Hopefully you can get the memory you need quickly.
    Hugs & happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Edward, since always, very creative, I am charmed with your art, you are very dynamic, a pleasure to visit itself, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juhuuu Edward..
    Thank you for your Comment :0)
    I like your Pictures, but I have no Clue, what you are talking about..hihihi..*sorry*...;0)

    BIG HUG
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Edward, very interesting , realistic mix to fantasy :) beautiful ;)
    kiss
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, that's cooool! =) Happy Easter Elly! =)

      Delete
  5. Hola Eduardo!

    Un trabajo excelente aunque le falte un poco de luz pero ten en cuenta que en las profundidades del mar, no se aprecia con nitidez las maravillas que guarda en su interior.

    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessenia, Happy Easter! =)

      Delete
    2. Feliz Pascua tambiƩn para ti, Edward.

      Un beso

      Delete
  6. Nice update! I didn't understand half of it (modular grid spacing ???) but the renders look super nice! You should make a game out of this xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Modular grid, basically means to make the models align to a grid (in 3DS Max), which matches a grid inside of UDK. So you can move models perfectly along a grid and they align correctly. Unfortunately I screwed it up, haha, but I will get better, just I'm a real noob right now at it =) Happy Easter Julia =)

      Delete
  7. Magnificent work of art. Phenomenal and beautiful images! Glad to appreciate. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey man, thanks a bunch! =) Really appreciate that =) Happy Easter =)

      Delete
  8. Very nice and informative post as always. I like the colours :)
    And will cross thumbs for you to get more memory soon :P

    R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww fanx Rohmy, yip I really like colour, so every opportunity I like to work on it =) Thank you Rohmy, hope you have a nice Easter =) *Meeowhug* =)

      Delete
  9. Have a nice Easter for you and the WHOLE FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thaaanx Harlequin! =) You too, have a lovely Easter to you and your fam =) *Hug* =)

      Delete
  10. Thank you Riyana! Happy Easter! =)

    ReplyDelete